LOST / FOUND PETS
Found a stray pet?
If you have found a pet you need to act fast. People who have lost pets start their search immediately and then tend to scale down the search if there have been no results within about 2 weeks.
- Check for Identification w/ Owner Information
- Spread the Word
- Contact Shelters and Animal Agencies
- Check the Laws
- Take an Injured Animal to a Veterinarian
Lost a pet?
When your beloved dog or cat strays from home, it can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips that we hope will help you find your pet.
- File a Lost Pet Report with Local Animal Shelters, Rescues and Vets
- Visit Nearby Shelters Often
- Call your Microchip Registry
- Post on Social Media
- File Report with Animal Control
Found stray kittens?
During high kitten season, in the spring and summer, it’s not unusual to discover a nest of unattended kittens or a single kitten seemingly abandoned by the mother. You want to “rescue” them by taking them to the local shelter, right? Before jumping to the rescue, or scooping them up and heading to the local shelter consider these recommendations.
- Wait and watch for the mother cat to possibly return
- Try to identify the age of the kittens (follow the link below for some tips on how to do this)
- DO NOT feed the kittens regular milk, goats milk, or human formula
- Prepare for care and possible bottle feeding