It is required by law that every dog owner purchase a license for their pet from the Siskiyou County Animal Control within 30 days of moving into local town of the county, acquiring a new dog or vaccinating a new puppy at four months of age. If you live outside the city limits you may purchase your dog’s license by mail.

A Siskiyou County dog license provides the best identification your dog can wear. If your dog is lost, a license provides notification if your dog is taken to the Animal Shelter. If a citizen finds your dog, a license gives them a chance to locate you without having Animal Control impound your dog. If your dog is injured, a dog license provides faster notification, possibly saving your dog’s life. If your dog is picked up by an Animal Control Officer, a dog license allows the officer to check owner information, hopefully saving your dog a trip to the shelter.

Every year, many people in Siskiyou County are bitten by dogs. Some have to undergo treatment because the dog was not wearing a license to provide proof of current licensing and rabies vaccination. Siskiyou County has a high level of rabies in wild animals.

Siskiyou County Animal Control
Animal Shelter
525 Foothill Drive • Yreka, CA 96097
Phone: 530-841-4028

Dunsmuir Animal Control
City Hall Tony Congi ACO
Phone: 530-235-4822 Ext.102

Mount Shasta Animal Control
Mount Shasta Police Department
Gordon Howard ACO
Phone: 530-926-7540

Lake Shastina Community Services
Phone: 530-938-4113

Weed Animal Control
Weed Police Department
Mark Mazzoni ACOM
Roxanne Anzo ACO
Phone: 530-938-5000

City Of Yreka Animal Control
Phone: 530-841-2300

Shasta County Animal Control
Phone: 530-245-6065

Subscribe to our newsletter!